Thursday, November 20, 2014

And last but not least...Our final 2 Challengers in Round 4 of the Battle of the Stitches are:

We're rounding out our 12 challengers with these 2 final designers. We hope you are as excited about this as we are!   Our Round 4 of the Battle of the Stitches will begin next week and all 12 ladies are eager to get going and anxiously waiting for the news....
WHAT crochet stitch will they be given to be the focus of a completely new design?
WHAT will the theme be?  There is a slight twist to what is going on behind the scenes of the Battle for this round and you're about to find out what that is.



First, let us introduce you to Melanie from 3 Boys and a Ball of Yarn as our 11th challenger.  Melanie lives in a home full of boys, but she is letting the girl in her shine lately in her many talents and passions.  Not only does she crochet and design some amazing things, she dove into the Soap making girly side of business and the stuff she is making is fantastic!  

We asked her to tell you a little about herself, so here goes:

I am a daughter of THE King, blessed mother of boys, 4th generation crochet artisan, crunchy mama/real-foodie, soap-maker, avid gardener and so much more!



Textured Cotton Sweater Vest
My great-grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 11 years old.  I'll never forget making that first patch-work scarf - it was quite...um..."special", but I couldn't wait to give it to my grandpa!  He proudly wore it to feed the cows and do the chores around the farm -- bless his heart. 
Today I crochet & write patterns to stay sane.  As a busy mom of three boys, it is the one thing in life that is ALL mine.  It gives me permission to sit down and still feel productive.  It distracts me when my rowdy boys make my house seem like a circus.  It's my creative outlet when I'm not working my full-time job.  It.Is.My.Sanity.
You can follow Melanie on her various social sites:
FaceBook
Ravelry
Etsy
Instagram
Google +
Blog
Pinterest
Twitter

  

Now, are you ready for that little twist?  Our 12th and final challenger to Round 4 is not new to the challenge, but has not yet been a challenger...

Kate from Crafting Friends Designs created the Battle of the Stitches back in February of 2014 and has worked hard behind the scenes to make this challenge bigger and better each round.  Bringing together the many talents that you've been able to watch in action.  While she has created a design for each round along with the challengers, her designs were not part of the judging process.  Are you ready to get to know her a little better?


Hi, I'm Kate.  Wife of 7 years to my wonderful husband Brodie, mom of 4 beautiful girls.  My family is my life!  I was raised by the most amazing parents and love my siblings and their kids with all my heart.  My mom taught me to crochet when I was 10 yrs old and I've never stopped.  I've worked up over 100 afghans to give to family members, friends, service projects and was blessed with the gift of crochet enough that people were paying for my crochet items at the age of 16.  It has brought so much joy to my life to see others with the things that I've made and the love and appreciation that they have for them.

I started designing almost 4 years ago and have the BEST cheerleaders when it comes to my designs.  My girls have loved wearing the dresses that I've created for them and the creativeness is coming out in them also as they tell me what they think I should make next and what colors to use.
Ribbon & Lace Dress
 


Textured Chevron Afghans
    


My business focus is to do what I love and love what I do.  I create for those I love.  I enjoy working with others and have a great respect for other designers.  I know my strengths and while I may bring a different item to my shop now and then, my main focus is infant-child size clothing and afghans.  I know I could design other things, but I truly enjoy coordinating with other designers and sharing their strengths also. I'm very excited to be a challenger this round and getting to know the other challengers.  A BIG thanks goes out to Jennifer of Little Luvies Shop and Lisa of Kaleidoscope Art & Gifts for taking the reigns this round with all the behind scenes things so that I can be a challenger and compete fairly.
Good luck to everyone involved and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
You can follow me on these social sites to see what I've done, and what the future holds.



















No comments:

Post a Comment