Thursday, May 28, 2015

Can she pull off a 3rd win in the Battle of the Stitches? Challenger #3 Revealed

If you've been following the Battle of the Stitches, you'll know who's back for another round without any further mention simply by reading the title of the post.  If you're just joining us, we're going to introduce you to our 2x winner...








Welcome back Becky from Grammy's Creations! 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snowed-in-royaltyJoining us for Round 3 using the Braided Cable crochet stitch, Becky dazzled the Judges with her unique Snowed in Royalty hat and won the Judge's Choice.



And when she joined us again for Round 5, her creative juices rolled again with another Judge's Choice winning design in the 
Bursting Spring Wings top
https://www.battleofthestitches.com/round-5-ebook-and-individual-patterns.html What in the world will she  come up with for Round 6?  Do you think she can pull off another winning crochet design?



We asked Becky to tell us a little about herself so that all of you could have a chance to get to know her a little more. 

When did you learn to crochet and how long have you been designing?
I first learned to crochet in the Summer of 1973, My first actual crochet pattern, written, so others could understand what to do, went on Ravelry in August of 2013.

What is your favorite color?
My favorite color group has to be the greens. I am passionate about Teal, and Emerald. I love Spring greens, and the grey greens are particularly soothing. Blues are close, but I will reach for green first  

What is your favorite snack?
Snacks are interesting. It is often carbs, Breads, Bagels, Coooooookies, love my cookies. I do eat some healthy stuff too. 

Give us a fun fact about you
I wanted to be a gymnast as a girl. I took dance, and gymnastics from the time I was 6 or 7 until I was well into my teens. I watched the Olympics on TV, wishing I had the power Nadia Comaneci had. I spent hours working on perfecting the roundoff, so that I too could try out for the team. 

What is typically going on around you while you're crocheting?
The majority of my day is spent with crochet in some form or fashion. Most days, I am on my porch, with several projects on the bench next to me. I chat with my neighbors, and work on different designs, concocting stitch patterns, and blending two or 3 into a pattern. My perch allows me fresh air, sunshine, social time, as well as the chance to watch the Birds, butterflies and squirrels that call my yard home. 

Do you have a favorite designer or is there one that you admire the most?
I used to have a favorite designer. It used to be Doris Chan, and I still love her work, but there is more appreciation now.  I was head over heals for one style, and she nailed it every time. Now, with building relationships with several others, I have to say, it is the Honest designer that gets my attention. The ones that are able to take inspiration from something, A building with columns for instance, and they use that shape and concept to create a cabled sweater, with an interesting yoke. I have learned so much in the last 3 years about what speaks to me, it is quality and freshness over any particular person. 

Becky is quite the character and will be fun to watch through the month of June!  If you're not already, make sure to follow her on FaceBook and cheer her on.
https://www.facebook.com/grammycreates

No comments:

Post a Comment