Sunday, March 30, 2014

Battle of the Stitches Round 1 Challenger #8 Reveal

 

Our Battle of the Stitches Challenger #8 is one talented lady!  I have seen her designs and spoken with her a few times and she is such a sweet person.  I knew I wanted her involved in this challenge when deciding who to ask.  I'm very happy she joined in the fun.

JoAnne from GrammyJo Lids is creative and fun in her designs and I hope you have taken the time to get to know her and see her talent. 






Growing up, we lived next door to my grandpa and grandma.  They had a Beautiful yard with tons of roses, Iris', Lilacs, Bridals wreath, Portulaca, Creeping phlox, Bleeding Hearts and a handful of other flowers.  I loved it and always dreamed of having an outdoor wedding reception there in front of his roses.  They were wonderful people and I love them dearly.  Every year, grandpa would make flower arrangements from his garden and often use baskets.  This - makes me think of them.

GrammyJo Lids on Facebook
Ravelry
Aren't these pretty?  Can you picture them in a sun room brightening up the decor? Now you don't have to rely on the color of flowerpots in the store!  AND - I think they would also be great to hold bath stuff - OH, maybe make some as a gift basket and put a Loofa, bath gel and some treats for Mom to have a relaxing bath? Oh the possibilities!

Using Red Heart Frosty Green & White and Loops & Threads Impeccable Soft Rose, JoAnne made her
"Nesting" Baskets.  I love that she has various sizes and I would love to have these on my patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment