Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another new challenger for you to meet!



7 down and 5 to go in the introduction to our Round 6 Challengers.  Are you excited?  Our next new challenger will not disappoint!












Welcome Maria from Pattern Paradise to the Battle of the StitchesMany of us have been fans of hers for a couple of years now.  How exciting to get to work along side her in the Round 6 challenge!

Can anyone guess how long she's been crocheting and designing?
"I've been crocheting since I was about 9 or 10 years old.  I was inspired by my mother's friend who would come to visit and sit for hours talking with my mother while she crocheted (usually with thread) and I was fascinated by how her hands moved.  I watched and tried to mimic her moves with hooks and thread my mother had laying around.  I was able to figure out how to do a chain and double crochet on my own and when she realized my interest, she showed me a few more things.  I've really been designing since the beginning because I never really followed patterns, however, I've been posting my designs since 2012" 

X Stitch Baby Cardigan Sweater

What is her favorite color you ask?
 I love all shades of purple, followed closely by blues and greens - think Caribbean Sea colors!

 When it comes to snacks, Potato Chips are her weakness
Sea Foam Sunsuit with Bloomers

Fun Fact:
I
don't know how fun it is, but I love to drive, especially really fast cars, really, really fast!  Oh yeah...I also have a shoe fetish.  I love

shoes!

What is going on around Maria while she's whipping up some more wonderful crochet designs?
Sea Breeze Houndstooth Slippers
 
I crochet almost anywhere and everywhere, but my favorite place is in my family room with music playing in the background.  I sing and bounce while crocheting away!  In the warmer months, I take it outside to my patio with music in tow!


We asked if she had a favorite designer or a designer she admires and this is what she had to say:
I don't really have one favorite designer.  I love different aspects f many designers.  In general, I love designers who display creativity and "out of the box" designs.  I love those that pay attention to detail and take care to produce a unified design.  I also love the use of texture, so those that do it well are top in my book.
 

 
Isn't it getting more exciting as we introduce our challengers?  We'd love to hear what you think!
Head over to Pattern Paradise on FaceBook and wish her luck.  Then jump on over to the Battle of the Stitches FaceBook page and make sure to "Follow" our page so you don't miss out on everything we have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment